Friday, June 13, 2008

Flying Away

As I write this entry this morning, Talia is somewhere over the Pacific. She and her team flew out of Dallas late yesterday afternoon, heading for San Francisco. From there they were scheduled to fly to Hong Kong and then on to Phnom Phen. She phoned to talk to Kate Thursday night to say good-bye. I know those two are missing each other and will have a million things to talk about when they meet up in Texas in a couple of months.

I don't expect to hear from Tal until she actually lands in Phnom Penh. Last year she called when they arrived, about 3 in the morning here as I remember. But I wasn't complaining about the time. The phone connections were always terrible when we tried to talk, but at least I could hear that she was okay. She was good about emailing when she had a few minutes near a computer and I hope she'll keep that up this time.

Here at home the news is good -- all of Kate's funding has come in. We're going to the bank later today so she can deposit some and get a certified cheque to send away to Global Ex. I would like to say again and again and again, "Thanks!"

I'll let you all know when I hear from her.

More later,
b

Saturday Morning Update....

Talia called at 12:45 last night (this morning?) to let us know she'd arrived in Cambodia. Of course it was 1:45 in the afternoon there and we could hear hordes of excited teenagers calling their parents in the background. Now the fun begins.

No comments: