Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sisterhood of the Traveling Girls

Sometime in the next 12 hours or so Kate should land in China. She called me last night from the airport in LA, saying that she and her pals were waiting and waiting and waiting. When I got up this morning there was a text from here, sent at about 2:30 a.m. P.T., saying that they were finally boarding the plane. She also promised to call when she arrived in China.

Tal did phone home last week one day. Sadly, I missed her. I was in Tempe doing some training for Edward Jones, and Daniel talked to her about 7 one morning. It wasn't a very long conversation, he tells me.

"Hello..." Daniel

"Hello (crackle, crackle, crackle)," Talia

"I can't hear you, Tal," Daniel

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

Long silence. Click. Sigh. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

There is a lovely update on the website for Tal's trip. They're working with kids, going to church, generally having a lovely time. Except for the kids who are sick. Sounds like the flu is going around this time. Sigh, again.

But, enough worries. Here's a new picture that I don't think I've posted yet....

We all know how Tal feels about kids. (grin)

Pictures of Kate as soon as possible. I promise.

b

No comments: