Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Week's Call

So I was sitting in my office the other morning, working away VERY ambitiously, when my cell phone rang. And yes, it did ring. That's my favorite ring tone. Guess who was on the other end....TJ. Hurrah. She was calling from Phnom Pehn - her current favorite city in the world.

She just called to tell me that they were finally all out of quarantine and spending the day in the city before going on to a little village (Chuck? Chook? Chalk? Something.) where they would be spending a few days. They'll work with the kids there. They've been doing more VBS. And get to live the village life. Translation - no showers, squatty potties, rice and veggies for dinner. I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Turns out they were working the couple of weeks they've been quarantined. They've been staying at a YWAM camp. Did I tell you this already? And doing VBS with groups of kids who come to the camp. They spent several days making pinatas for some of the classes and a gigantic Chutes and Ladders game for another group. She tells me she thinks it's 10 feet by 10 feet. And wouldn't that be fun :)

Otherwise, she was glad to get to a phone. She was feeling fine and rested - almost as if the quarantine had been a vacation for her - and she was ready to go back to work. The only sad thing about their quarantine was that they were unable to travel to Vietnam. Next time, I'm sure.

One more photo, if you can take it.... and, no, I don't know what she's eating.

No comments: