Monday, July 7, 2008

Kate's First Flight

Today's news? Kate's arrived safe and sound in Texas.

After spending a few days with her auntie and uncle in Iowa, she boarded her plane this morning and just landed in Dallas. Now she'll spend a few days getting to know her teammates and learning the songs and skits they'll do in South Africa. Then, on Thursday I think, they'll all get on another plane and fly to Johannesburg.

She was happy to tell me that she even met another GE missionary in the airport in Minneapolis. He was on his way to Argentina; I think he was meeting his team there since he wasn't going to Dallas first. By the time I talked to her in Dallas, she had already met up with three more GE travelers.

After days and days of being a little nervous, Kate sounded happy and excited on the phone. I let her go before I got all teary and made her sad too.

More later,
b

No comments: