Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update Number I'm Not Sure

Another day, another phone call. Hurrah.

Talia called from Thailand. It was so good to talk to her. I knew she was going to call; she had called this morning while we were at church and said she'd try again this evening. I'll admit I didn't wander too far from the phone as the afternoon wore on and the evening began.

First she called asking permission to be baptized. They're having a special service at one of the rivers there, and she'll be baptized by one of the team leaders she's grown to admire. Of course I said that would be fine. I know she was baptized just before she was confirmed, but I think this has a little more personal meaning for her. She told me she would come home with a picture and a certificate, so you'll all get to see the picture here.

And she said her time in Thailand is almost over. She's spent her weeks there planting rice (which was very fun she said), teaching English, working with orphans and with old folks and doing lots of shopping. What size shirt do you wear Loren?

Tomorrow (today in Thailand) is their free day and after the baptismal service; they'll be riding elephants, watching an elephant show and going bamboo rafting. Then I think they have one last day in Thailand before they board their plane for Texas, and a few days later for home.

The newest news? She's hoping to live with Donna and Loren in Iowa for a bit, working and saving her pennies, and then she's considering art school or Bible school. She's so much like I was when I was her age -- she changes her plans about every 10 minutes :)

Anyway, same as last post, there probably won't be any more entries until I've actually squeezed her to pieces. I'll give both girls hugs from all of you until you can see them yourselves.

Later,
b

No comments: